Second episode: CRISPR Genetic Editing
What is CRISPR and why is everyone talking about it??? Check out our second episode of SIT’N Listen on Sound Cloud/iTunes to learn more about how a bacterial system of immunity has led to some far-reaching advances in research and therapeutics.
Feel free to send us any comments, questions, or topic suggestions at email@example.com.
Amy Gilson, Elizabeth Jaensch, Vini Mani, Angela She
SIT’N Listen Producers
Here are some resources for further reading on CRISPR!
- “Genome Editing with CRIPSR-Cas9”, McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT
- “CRISPR: A game-changing genetic engineering technique”, Kat Pak, Science in the News Harvard University
- “Everything You Need to Know About CRISPR, the New Tool that Edits DNA”, Sarah Zhang, Gizmodo
- “Breakthrough DNA Editor Borne of Bacteria”, Carl Zimmer, Quanta Magazine
- “The Virus that Learns”, Carl Zimmer, Phenomena, National Geographic Magazine
First episode: Genetically Modified Organisms